Text books in class?

Hello mates!

Today I want to talk about something I think is a dilemma to all of us. I refer to text books. Are important in class? Are unnecessary? Are indispensable? What is the most correct adjective to mark the book?

Well, in my opinion any of them. I think both radical thoughs are not good. We have to think they are our friends, not a simple leafs combination that make the students get a less academic efficiency, which think the majority of teachers.

When I am in a classroom, I will use the text book, at least as a guide to myself, because in this you can see the contents students need to pass a particular course.

In one hand, if you decide to carry out your classes without any book, you probably could use it at the end of each unit, for example, to reinforce the contents given, or to catch examples to do any exam (if you decide to test the students).

In a particular situation I saw when I was in my practices, my teacher did not use any book. A day, my teacher could not go class so a supply teacher went my class. He had any idea about what were the students learning, and it was a chaos. The solution was my teacher called him to say catching the text books and doing the activities he considered correct. So the students, that day, were totally confused.

On the other hand, not always the text books are perfect and in the majority of cases, the information given is unreal and old, so us, as teachers, we have to realize this situations and modify it to get the best students knowledge.

In the case of mathematics, in the text books it appears sometimes unreal problems, far away of problems of daily life, so I think we must change them and create new problems whose themes could be daily life. With it, we could improve the students knowledge.

Comentarios